- a nice man in a Mini Countryman who opened his door a crack and looked left for bikes before getting out. Thank you, nice man! You may drive a Mini the size of a Ford Escape, but your politeness more than makes up for this. (The Countryman is actually supposed to be a fun car; Mini’s new rally car is based on the Countryman. That doesn’t change the fact, however, that it’s a Mini the size of a Ford Escape.)
- a sparrow get run over. Poor sparrow 😦
- goslings in that funny stage where they’re still pretty fuzzy but their feathers are starting to come in. Everyone likes goslings.
- whitecaps on the Charles River.
- a Garelick Farms delivery truck, parked so that it was blocking the bike lane but also about 3/4 of the lane of traffic next to it. Come on, man.